Thursday, January 23, 2014

Back to Square One

Over 2 months ago I made a rookie mistake. Running too far too soon and not ramping up gradually to longer distances cost me dearly. For the past two months I have been condemned to an unusual form of torture that is disguised under the broad name of physical therapy. I also engaged in a bit of witchcraft: I swallowed a daily potion containing strange ingredients such as glucosamine, chondroitin, sharks fin, and my pride. The most difficult perhaps was not being able to run, feeling the atrophy of inactivity and realizing my goal of getting a qualifying time for this marathon is probably out of the question at this point. Well, yesterday marked a milestone. I ran 3 miles and my knee held up. So here we go, back to square one!
Support my run

No comments:

Post a Comment