Thursday, December 5, 2013

Running Basics 101: Ramping Up

A great majority of all running injuries are due to overtraining or ramping up too fast.  All marathon training schedules progressively increase the milage slowly to allow your body to acclimate to the new pressures you're putting on it.  But I'm special, and I don't need to do that. My enthusiasm got the best of me a while ago and I jumped from running 13 mile long runs to trying out an 18 mile run.  Big mistake.  My knee decided to get cranky on me has been refusing to cooperate lately.  My running has been sidelined for the moment.  Luckily the physical therapist said I'll still be able to still run the Marathon, but to make sure I don't ever make the same mistake he's sentenced me to the elliptical machine and multiple rounds on their electric shocking device. I'm sure there's a technical term for the shocking device, but I want as little to do with this machine as possible.  I wonder if the trainers get some sick pleasure from hooking people up to this thing?

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be physical therapy or an advanced interrogation technique.  Either way, I don't want to make this mistake again!
Don't Worry Mom, I'm OK.

Support my run

No comments:

Post a Comment